Student-centered learning engages students in their own success and incorporates their interests and skills into the learning process.
IBI Flipped Solution was built based on the combination of different approaches that influencing the development of student’s generic capabilities. It includes:
1. Student-centric and personalized learning
A student-centered approach to teaching shifts the focus from the teacher’s needs to the student’s. A ‘passive’ learning occurs at home, and then solve problems and apply the new knowledge in the classroom (virtual or physical), they get less frustration with their homework and free class time for active learning. Student has choice to lead their own learning activities with teacher’s instructions. IBI Flipped Learning gives more freedom to teachers to decide upon how much time to spend with each student. Struggling students, great performers, introverted kids, and extroverted ones can get the attention each of them needs.
2. Skills-based teaching and learning approaches
We intentionally invert the design a learning environment so students engage in activities, apply concepts, and focus on higher level learning outcomes during class time. This definition encourages us to think strategically about the learning experiences we are designing with our students so they can achieve the learning outcomes. The focus is not the technology. It’s the process. It’s the process of involving our students in applying and analyzing course content, making decisions, critiquing a topic, or evaluating a data set. It’s the process of creating something together to demonstrate understanding or to express ideas.
Below is how IBI Flipped Learning is structured:
- 25% of learning time is used in studying at a student’s own pace via eClasses.
- 40% of learning time is used in USING and PRACTICING English language through projects via eConversations.
- 35% of learning time is used in implementing innovation project integrated in the curriculum via IBI outdoor learning program – I-Innovation.
3. Parent involvement is a great way to ensure student participation
IBI Flipped Solution offers more transparency for parents, who will know exactly what their kids are preparing for at school. This can also improve the communication between parents and teachers.